LHP lawyers have handled a vast array of litigations and arbitrations on behalf of both U.S. and foreign clients in disputes involving Latin American parties, assets and/or jurisdictions. The Firm has significant experience with issues including the extraterritorial application of U.S. law and its limits; document retention laws and practices, given local and foreign regulations; document production and other discovery issues; the laws of various countries regulating discovery abroad; maximizing the tax-efficiency of cross-border settlements; borrowing statutes; damages; and privilege and evidentiary issues at trial. These litigations and arbitrations cover a wide range of industries, including media, entertainment, aviation, securities, intellectual property, labor, the Internet, banking and others. These complex cases have taken several forms, including:
- Acting as U.S. litigation counsel on behalf of and against foreign companies
- Representing U.S. and foreign companies in multijurisdictional disputes
- Assisting U.S. or foreign clients with overseas litigation
- Litigating disputes arising from cross-border restructurings
- Advising on preemptive actions to avoid or minimize litigation
How can we be of service?
Contact us with details about your case to see how we can help you.